Emergency Evacuation Packs
What is an Emergency Evacuation Pack?
It is a compact kit that contains a few components that can save the lives of you or your staff in the event of a fire. It is recommended that every staff member should be issued with a single pack positioned within easy reach of their personal work space.
Why an Emergency Evacuation Pack and not just a smoke mask?
A smoke mask is probably the most important component of an evacuation pack as it protects your lungs, eyes and face. However by providing an emergency evacuation pack you will be giving yourself or your staff the additional benefits of:
- Increasing the chances of leaving the building safely in the event of a fire or a terrorist attack
- Providing a way in which to attract the attention of emergency personnel if you or your staff become trapped
- Help personnel subsist if they become trapped
How Emergency Evacuation Packs improve your safety
- Cogo Smoke Mask - Removes the majority of smoke particles and Carbon Monoxide allowing sufficiently clean air to reach the lungs
- Dynamo Torch Combo - Can provide sufficient light to help penetrate through dust and smoke and allow greatly improved visibility and navigation. A siren provides a localised high pitch which can help emergency personnel identify your location. A radio can pick up emergency frequencies which could be used to receive information relating to rescue efforts
- Safe Breathe Breathing Pad - Removes the majority of smoke particles allowing sufficiently clean air to reach the lungs
- Smoke Resistant Goggles - Help protect the eyes from the effects of heat and smoke allowing increased visibility
- Survival Blanket - Provides a degree of heat protection to the upper body and limbs
- Glow Sticks/Torches - Can provide sufficient light to help penetrate through dust and smoke and allow greatly improved visibility and navigation
- Whistles - Provides a localised high pitch which can help emergency personnel identify your location
- Water Pouches - Provide essential safe water supplies to a trapped person
- Wound Dressing - Can stem the flow of blood in case of a severe wound and can cover and protect all types of wounds from becoming infected
- Burn Gel - Helps alleviate the effects of a variety of skin burns
Disclaimer: The Office Safety Company have provided the ‘Quick Guides’ on the basis that the content and advice contained within these documents is to the best of our knowledge accurate at the time of publication. The Office Safety Company does not accept any liability for the accuracy of the information provided in the ‘Quick Guides’.